The city of Bordeaux is famous worldwide due to the Bordeaux wine.
Bordeaux is a cheerful and nice city near the Atlantic Ocean surrounded by Bordeaux vineyard and castles.
Bordeaux is a nice city to live or visit. The climate is quite good with lot of sun and warm weather which makes proper the cultures of the grapes.
Bordeaux is a place where you have everything in a fingertip:
- The city center with monuments, pubs, shopping malls and museums
- The campaign with Bordeaux vineyard
- The beaches and nice surfing spots of the Atlantic Ocean in only one hours of drive
You can see the all Bordeaux city center by foot or by bike.
Let's start with the main things to see and try in Bordeaux city center:
- Place Renaudel – Chapel Sainte Croix
- Flèche Saint Michel
- Berges de la Garonne
- Porte de Bourgogne
- La Bastide
- Place Stalingrad
- Grosse Cloche
- Rue Sainte Catherine
- Galerie Bordelaise
- Place de la Comédie / Grand Hôtel / Grand Théâtre
- Place de la Bourse
- Miroir d'Eau
- Esplanade des Quinconces
- Monument aux Girondins
- Place de Tourny
- Jardin Public
- Notre Dame
- Porte Dijeaux
- Cathédrale Saint André
- Tour Pey Berland
- Porte d'Aquitaine
- Place de la Victoire
- Lac de Bordeaux
- Have a glass of Bordeaux wine
- East some Canelés
- Re discover the Chocolatines (the other name for pain au chocolat)
If the city of Bordeaux is great to discover, Bordeaux surroundings are also amazing.
If you have the opportunity to visit Bordeaux, it is worth to take extra days off to visits Bordeaux surroundings.
The best option to visit Bordeaux surroundings will be to rent a car.
You will be able to visit:
- Bordeaux vineyard and Castles by going towards the direction of Pauillac and Lesparre Medoc
- The surfing spots of the Atlantic Ocean by going to Lacanau
- Visit the bay of Arcachon and eat oysters
Take at least one day to discover Bordeaux and two or three extra days if you plan to visit Bordeaux surroundings and vineyard!
A sample of Bordeaux:
How to get to Bordeaux:
Peak a sneak to How to Travel in France section
Maps of Bordeaux:
More information about Bordeaux on www.bordeaux-tourism.co.uk
The cities to discover around Bordeaux are: La Rochelle – Toulouse – Nantes – Euskadi
Discover more of France on www.erasmusofparis.com