In terms of Travel, Europe is one of the best continent because you will find a huge variety of countries in short term distances.
Last but not least, you have a plethora of Low Cost airlines flights to move from a country to another.
If you are interested to discover the way to travel between European countries, peak a sneak here.
So in my opinion, there are actually 4 cities that you should discover if you go to one of the European countries, or if you live in one of the European country.
Those 4 cities are well connected so it will be easy for you to move from one to another.
Those cities are:
Barcelona, the city that never sleeps
Ideally located near the sea, Barcelona is the perfect place to spend few days off to sightsee, rest and party!
As most of the Spanish cities, Barcelona lives day and night.
During the day you will be able to sightsee the plethora of monuments and parks and to rest at the beach.
During the night you will be able to party near the beach club and enjoy this summer holidays atmosphere almost all year long!
Main things to see and to do in Barcelona:
- The Gaudí universe: Park Güell, Sagrada Família and Casa Batló
- Tibidado – see the full city of Barcelona from the hill
- Parc de la Creueta del Coll - see the full city of Barcelona from the hill
- Casa de les Punxes
- Casa Milá "La Pedrera"
- Arc de Tiomph
- Parc de la Ciutadela
- Praïa de Barceloneta – beach & night clubs
- Torre de Agbar – at night
- Eglesia Santa Maria de Mar
- Mirador de Colom
- Plaza Real
- Boqueria Marker – eat tapas
- La Rambla – do window shopping
- Montjuïc Castle and Park
- Magic Fountain of Montjuïc – at night, best view over Barcelona
- Plaça Espanya
- Estadi Camp Nou Futbol Club Barcelona
- Have a sangria and some tapas in a bar
Take at least 4 days to discover Barcelona.
Paris, the city of lights, the city of art, the city of fashion, the city of love
There is one city that can amaze you in the world because even if you spend a full year you can still discover new places and new masterpieces.
Of course, I talk about Paris.
The heritage of the city is the hugest that I've saw.
You will like Paris because there are always some new things to do and discover even after spending years there!
To discover Paris from a touristic point of view, you should at least spend one week, ten days is better!
I won't have the place to detail the full Paris but you will find here the main places to see and things to do:
- Get to the Eiffel Tower
- See the Arc de Triomphe
- Have a walk in Champs Elysées
- Discover Louvre Museum
- Relax in Jardin des Tuileries
- Visit Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral
- Have a drink in Latin Quarter
- See the Moulin Rouge
- Chill in Montmartre
- See the Sacré Coeur
- Visit Place de la Bastille
- Have a French breakfast with croissants and pains aux chocolat
- Have a glass of wine on the bank of the Seine
Take at least 6 days to discover Paris.
Porto, the friendly atmosphere from the south in a wine heritage city
Of course, Porto is famous worldwide due to the Porto wine heritage.
But Porto is much more than a famous city that you will be able to drink wine!
Porto will amaze you for it's cheerful and friendly atmosphere.
In Porto, people use to have a drink at night all together in the city near the Douro river.
Which bring me to a point. If Porto is fantastic during the day time, Porto looks even better during night time.
Here are the main things to do and see when you are in Porto:
- Igreja da Tinidade
- Paços de Concelho
- Praça da Liberdade
- Igreja dos Congragados
- Los Azulejos de la Estação do São Bento
- Muralha Fernandina
- Ponte Luis I
- See Ponte Luis I from Mosteiro da Serra do Pilar
- Porto wine house in Villa Nova de Gaia
- Cathedral a Pelourinho
- Torre dos Clérigos
- Palácio de Cristal
- Ponte da Arrábida
- Parque da Cidade
- Castelo de São João da Foz
- Mercado do Bolhão
- Café Majestic
- Palácio da Bolsa
- Igreja de S Nicolau
- Casa da Música
- Jardim Botânico
- Estádio do Dragão
- Have a glass of Porto wine
- Have a glass of Vinho Verde
- Have a drink in Ribeira at night
Take at least 3 days to discover Porto.
Roma, the past of the Roman Empire in front of your eyes
In term of impressiveness, Roma is HUGE.
As huge as Paris, but in different terms.
Paris has tons of monuments, but Roma has freaking old monuments!
By going to Roma you will travel the time to get back at the time of the Roman Empire.
You will almost feel like a gladiator walking in the street.
Pavements and Roman buildings flourished in the city center with Italian renaissance buildings.
Here are the main things to do and see in Roma:
- The Antic Part: Circu Massimo, Palatino, Arco di Costantino, Colosseo
- Colonna Traiana
- Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II
- Fontana di Trevi
- Piazza Navona
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Piazza di Spagna
- Villa Medici
- Piazza del Popolo
- Palazzo di Giustizia
- Castel Sant Angelo
- Citta del Vaticano: Basilica Sant Pietro and Musei Vaticani
- Orto Botanico
- Travestere distric – for restaurants
- Have a glass of Spritz
- Have a Pizza
- Have an Italian Ice Cream
Take at least 4 days to discover Roma.
And you, which city would you like to see and for which reasons?
Let us know in the comments below!
Ps: To help you to plan your stays during your travels, click here to discover the Amazing Check List for Successful Trips!